ROY G. BIV
April 20 - June 9 , 2018
Let’s start our spring season with explosions of color! We’re looking for art in any 2-D medium that expresses quality color composition. We learned this acronym as children to recall the rainbow spectrum; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. For this open (no theme) competition, artists are encouraged to share their artistic vision using a concentration of color. One color or a multitude of colors meets the criteria. Artwork can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and can be any subject matter and any of the accepted media.
Here's how to enter:
- Entry fee is $25 for up to 2 images. To pay the entry fee, click here.
- If you are submitting a photograph or watercolor, must include frame and matte (black frames with white matte ready for hanging)
- Ready-to-hang photos must be received at the gallery by April 16, 2018
EXHIBITION AND AWARDS
All prize winners, judges selection and honorable mentions will be shown in the gallery. All awards will be made at the show opening and Artists' Reception on April 20th, 2018 at Red Door 104 Gallery, 104 North Main St. Farmville, VA from 6-8pm.
FIRST PRIZE: $150.00
SECOND PRIZE: $100.00
THIRD PRIZE: $50.00
- Judges' Selections: Only the images selected as finalists will be shown
- Winners will be notified by April 19th, 2018
In an effort to nurture kids enthusiasm for the arts, we are including them in this exhibit. The rules are slightly different:
- Pieces can be no larger than 16x20" overall.
- Must be ready to hang
- One submission per child
- Submission fee: $5.00 To pay the entry fee, click here
- Each child will receive a Red Door 104 gift certificate valued at $20.
- One "Best in Show" will receive a prize valued at over $50.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Artists attest images are their own work and have no copyright infringement. Red Door 104 will not be held liable for any infringement of rights that might arise during the judging or display of any image.
- By submitting, you grant Red Door 104 the right to use your image(s) for posting on our website, advertising the gallery and promotion of this and future events.
- Only Red Door 104 Gallery has the right to publish and post winning photos during duration of show, between April 20 through June 9, 2018.
- Entering into this competition indicates artist's acceptance of any and all terms and conditions stated in this or other information regarding this competition.
- It is agreed that the artist will present the selected image(s), matted and framed (photographs and watercolors) according to specifications required and stated by the gallery, by the deadline. Any work that does not meet the specifications will not be displayed.
- Artist(s) affirm that all work submitted is original and does not infringe on copyrighted material.
- It is understood the Red Door 104 Gallery shall charge a commission of 35% on all work sold during the duration of the exhibition.
- Red Door 104 Gallery will use and display images on the gallery website and social media sites for the purposes of promotion. Promotional usage of images shall be free of royalty and no extra charge will be sustained by the artist(s) or gallery for said promotional usage. Display of any and all images in exhibition shall be at the discretion of the curator.
- It is further understood that the Red Door 104 Gallery will not be held responsible for the payment of return postage on any artwork nor will the gallery be held liable for damages sustained during shipping due to mishandling by couriers or improper packaging.
- The Red Door 104 Gallery will insure the work in exhibition for the duration of the exhibition at no cost to the artist(s).
- Must be 18 to enter.
By paying the entry fee, the entrant signifies that he/she has read and understands the above terms and conditions.
FINALLY: If you have any questions or issues, please contact us. We will make every effort to get back to you as soon as possible.