Instructor: Alec Hosterman
Tuesdays beginning May 1 2017 through May 22nd 2017
5:30- 7:30 pm
Tuesdays beginning Sept. 19 - Oct.10 2017 5:30 - 7:30 pm
BYOC – Bring Your Own Camera! (any camera will do)
This class is suited for the beginner or photography enthusiast, taught by a local photographer. In this four week course you will learn:
* Camera basics
* Exposure and what it means for your images
* Lenses and focal length, depth of field, bokeh
* Quality of light and types of light
* Composition, subject placement, negative and positive space within a photograph
* Photographic equipment and "do I need that?"
* About object, architecture, nature, and portrait photography
Each evening will begin with a lesson about a specific theme followed by time to practice your craft, either out in downtown Farmville or within the studio. Constructive and friendly critiques will also be given of student work from the previous week’s theme.
Additional intermediate and advanced courses will be offered following the completion of Basic Digital Photography or upon request.
Click here for more information or to sign up for the class.